Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Reading Wishlist


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and the Bookish in which they post a book-related top ten every - you guessed it! - Tuesday.

This week the theme is Top Ten Things on My Reading Wishlist:

1. Clever heroines. I love smart women doing smart things, particularly when they're also smartasses. 


2. A really strong romance in a really awesome fantasy story. I haven't read one in a while - I want something along the lines of a historical romance but in a fantasy setting. If that makes sense? That amount of focus on the romance/courtship/seduction/whatever but give me something meaty alongside it - a mystery, political upheaval, revolution, SOMETHING! 

3. Alternative history books - anything grounded in the past but with a twist makes me happy. This is probably why steampunk appeals to me so much.

4. Stories involving books. Magic books, book clubs, libraries, book stores, publishing houses, book bloggers. I love books and people who love books. 

5. Female main characters in epic fantasy. I haven't read this genre in a while so if anyone has some good recommendations, please send them my way!

6. More, smart New Adult. I'm loving this genre - I think the theme of identity which seems so integral to the genre really appeals to me. I'll read anything I can get my hands on in this genre!

7. HEAs in non-romance books. I love happily ever afters - and while I don't ever need the "married with kids on the way" type ending that often exists in romance, I do prefer books with happy endings, bonus points for happy endings with couples. 

8. More books in which the romantic couple get together mid-way and stick it out together through the end of the book. Get their drama over in the first half and let us see how awesome they can work together!

9. Urban fantasy that doesn't involve detectives/cops/private investigators. 

10. More time for reading. There's not enough hours in the day....


I've already taken a look at a handful of top ten lists and there are some great ideas out there. What's at the top of your list?

1 comment:

  1. Good list, I love clever heroines as well and I like the whole idea that a couple gets together and stays together that's pretty much all ever want out of a couple.

    ReplyDelete