Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - January 18, 2014 Edition



Stacking the Shelves is an awesome meme hosted by Tynga's Review.

Bloggers share the books they've received, bought, borrowed - and I end up adding a half dozen books to my 'must acquire' list. Seriously, I started a new list on Jan 1st and I'm up to 18 books, half of which have come from other StS posts!

I only bought one book this week (or two week period as I tend to StS bi-weekly) - it was on sale when I was there checking out the submission calls for Ellora's Cave:




I also received a stack of books for review - I indulged a little putting out requests for review copies this week, and I've gotten back:

The Shadow Princess by Mary Hart Perry - This one had me at London, 1888 . A Jack the Ripper investigation drawing together a cop and a princess sounded like a good romp.

Tangled Hearts by Heather McCollum - A witch, a highlander, pirates and two people forced to work together and attracted to each other despite themselves. Sounds fun to me!

Lockstep by Karl Schroeder - The cover of this reminds me of the Cal Leandros series by Rob Thurman (same artist, I'm going to guess). I generally like what Tor's putting out, and it's been a while since I've read something future-based.


Just One Night by Lauren Layne  - I read and reviewed two books by Lauren Layne last year and enjoyed them both. This one is a sequel and I expect good things!




What did you pick up this week?  Have you read any of the books I grabbed? What'd you think of them?  Is there something I should have picked up but didn't?

7 comments:

  1. Well, not exactly the kind of books I'd read, but I hope you enjoy them! My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've never heard about any of these books but the titles are really interesting esp. the Shadow Princess. I hope that it would and put a new life to Jack Ripper's story. :D


    Thanks for stopping by Thoughts and Pens.

    ReplyDelete