Saturday, February 8, 2014

Stacking the Shelves - Feb 8, 2014 Edition



Stacking the Shelves is an awesome meme hosted by Tynga's Review.

Bloggers share the books they've received, bought, borrowed - and I collect more and more books for my 'must acquire' list.
I over-indulged on the book purchasing these past two weeks. Since I bought basically nothing the middle two weeks of January, I don't feel too guilty. Still, I'm not putting a big enough dent in my TBR pile to need to buy all these books! Maybe this post is more like a confession then, or a sideways acknowledgement of addiction....



This was a steal at 99 cents on Amazon.ca earlier in the week!
















Then Harlequin had a deal - buy three, get one free. So I caved and picked up two books that I've had my eye on forever, and two that caught my eye while I was browsing

















 Finally, I had a gift card for Chapters from Christmas and they had their buy two teen books for $15 sale on, so I picked up... eight. Which exceeded the gift card amount, but let's not be sticklers, okay? 



















This one I nabbed as a freebie off of Amazon: 




And finally, I picked up eight books for review this past two weeks - six from NetGalley, one direct from the author (which I was extra thrilled about!) and one by winning one of Goodreads.com 's First Reads contests

Wrecked by Priscilla West
Forbidden: The Soulkeepers by Lori Adams
Burn out by Kristi Helvig
Unwrapped Sky by Rjurik Davidson
Stolen Songbird by Danielle L Jensen
Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski

Screen by Michele Renae
The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant by Joanna Wiebe

At least on the review front, I'm making a dent in my stack because in the same period I received eight new books for review, I reviewed thirteen books (only twelve have featured on the blog so far)!  

What did you pick up this week?  What do I need to add to my acquire list (for the long-term, I think I can safely say that I'm done acquiring books for now!)

7 comments:

  1. Aaah Crash Into You is an amazing book :-) I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read Alice in Zombieland. I heard great things about it. Enjoy your new reads!

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2014/02/new-to-my-shelf-this-week-books-reading-sts/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my STS! Your gift card buys are great! I loved all of those books, especially Under the Never Sky, Delirium and The Selection =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice haul! Thanks for checking out my shelf additions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh!!! I'm reading Alice In Zombieland RIGHT NOW!!! Total OMG moments!!! Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS Now following you and hope you follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I've read and really enjoyed some of these - Breathe, The Selection. And there are some that I have but haven't read yet. I hadn't heard of Unleashing Mr Darcy, but it looks really great. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete