Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and the Bookish in which they post a book-related top ten every - you guessed it! - Tuesday.

This week the theme is Top Ten New to Me Authors in 2013.

In no particular order:

1. Lauren Layne - I read and reviewed two books by Layne late this year and both were excellent. I'll be watching for more written by her in 2014.
2. A. W. Exley - I discovered Exley this weekend when I devoured her Nefertiti's Heart - a book I'll be reviewing on Thursday so stay tuned! (Spoiler alert: It was a book that could have been written just for me, I enjoyed it so very much!).  I'm looking forward to reading more in her Artifact Hunters series.
3. Lisa Burstein - Burstein's Sneaking Candy was another book that hit so many of my personal favourite elements that I cannot wait to read more from her!
4. Cassie Mae - Mae makes my list because her book Switched achieved what should have been impossible - making the main characters likable even though they schemed to break up their best friends so they could steal their significant others.
5. Michele Renae - Renae's Window was the first erotic novel in a while that I had read without an "alpha male as Dom" for the hero and I so, so enjoyed it. I've already got the follow-up, Screen, on my to read list for the start of next year!
6. Robyn Schneider - I didn't review The Beginning of Everything for this blog, but I really, really enjoyed it. I would normally have been irked by the ending because I didn't get everything I thought I wanted, but it was actually pretty profound just as it was.
7. Olivia Cunning - I haven't reviewed anything by Cunning on this blog yet, but I probably will as her erotic novels are numerous and will make excellent Monday fodder if I don't come up with something else to review instead. Though I don't love the extended nature of some of her series, I do find her novels always extremely sexy, kinky and full of variety (despite revolving around rock stars!)
8. Jillian Stone - I discovered Stone at the beginning of the year, speed reading two of the Phaeton Black books. I haven't returned to her since then only because I didn't realize until looking for a link to her website just now that she's as prolific as she is! I'm sure I'll binge read more of her books in 2014!
9. Kat Martin - I borrowed a ton of Martin's "Against The" series from my local library during the last months of my pregnancy in the spring. I loved them and I loved that I was able to binge read so many of them. I suspect I'll do the same with her historical romances when I hit a lull in 2014!
10. Thomas E. Sniegoski - I read the first in Sniegoski's Remy Chandler series because my library had a later book in the series in their 'new' section and I thought - "Hey, that looks kind of like the Dresden Files meets angels. I might like that!"  I was not wrong. I always love to add new authors of urban fantasy to my 'go to' list, and I was particularly pleased to add Sniegoski because I love what he does with angel mythology.

Which authors were you happy to discover this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment