Saturday, December 7, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (Dec 7, 2013)



Stacking the Shelves is an awesome meme hosted by Tynga's Review.

Basically, it's a way to share what books you've picked up in the last week or so, to let people see what treasures you've hoarded. 

(Okay, treasures might be *my wording*)

I'm on a book-buying diet so I picked up a bunch from the library this week:

1. Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich (which I've already read - 4/5 stars, reluctantly given because it's really more of the same, but it still made me smile. And yearn for Ranger)

2. Stud by Cheryl Brooks, and Slave by Cheryl Brooks.  I read Stud already - a different twist on science fiction romance with some significant biological upgrades for the hero. I've read complaints about the romantic conflict which I think were fair (more communication would certainly have eased all of the problems!), but I still rather enjoyed the story.  Also, realized this was published by Sourcebooks Casablanca and started picking up more books from this publisher.

3. I Own the Dawn by M. L. Buchman - from Sourcebooks Casablanca. I enjoyed it to a point. The start made me a little itchy because the heroine drove me nuts, but yeah... it improved. 

4. Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt - my library told me this was new! But I see now it was published in 2007.  Curse you library!  Still, I've cracked it open and I can feel it's little hooks reaching out to get me....

5. Three books by Samantha Grace - Miss Hillary Schools a Scoundrel, Lady Vivian Defies a Duke and Miss Lavigne's Little White Lie.  More Sourcebooks Casablanca books. 

6. My Wicked Little Lies by Victoria Alexander.  I always like Alexander's books, and I have a hard time keeping track of which ones I've read and which I haven't.  I *think* this one is new to me... we'll see?

***
And now the non-library haul:

From Amazon, I picked up The Devil's in the Details by Kimberly Raye which sounded like a cute demon-demon hunter romance.

From carinapress.com, I nabbed:

Defiance by Stephanie Tyler
A Waltz at Midnight by Crista McHugh
His Secret Temptation by Cat Schield
This Winter Heart: A Christmas Steampunk Novella by PG Forte
One Perfect Night by Rachael Johns
Naughty and Nice by a collection of people as this is a short story collection

Finally!  For review, I received three books from Curiosity Quills:
The Devil's Flower by Lisa Collicutt 
Gifts of Blood by Vicki Keire
Nefertiti's Heart by AW Exley

And from NetGalley:
The Girls' Guide to Dating Zombies  by Lynn Messina
Sapphires are an Earl's Best Friend by Shana Galen
Heart of Stone by Christine Warren

***

So... yeah.  My book buying diet did not result in acquiring any fewer books than usual ;)

What did you pick up this week?  Have you read any of the books I grabbed? What'd you think of them?  Is there something I should have picked up but didn't?


9 comments:

  1. Two Way Street is SO GOOD! I rarely reread books, and I've read that one twice because I love it so much! It may be older, but it's still fantastic. I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Smiles for Two Way Street* I love that book so much! It's one of the books I've reread the most. It's such a quick read, and it's one of my favorites. :)

    Enjoy the books!
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul! I love the library; I always have to stop myself from borrowing more books than I know I can read in a few weeks, lol. I hope you enjoy reading all of these, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried a book buying diet and failed miserably LOL. The Devil's in the Details sounds so good. My type of book.

    New follower
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection of books this week! :) Hope you enjoy them all!!

    -Jess


    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of books! I hope you enjoy them all. Happy reading! :)
    My Sts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard about any of these books but good job for really implement your book buying diet. It's an outstanding achievement.

    It's a good thing that your library is awesome. Our library is really obsolete

    Thanks for stopping by Thoughts and Pens BTW.

    ReplyDelete